2 Heads of Elder Flowers (per person)
Thin pancake batter
Oil for frying
Honey, syrup, cinnamon or sugar.
(1) Shake any bugs off the flower heads.
(2) Heat up the oil. I personally like to use a deep fat fryer, but you can shallow fry the fritters if you prefer.
(3) Holding the flower heads by the stalk, dip them into the batter. Let some of the batter drain off before placing
the flower head into the oil.
(4) Fry until golden, being careful not to overcook.
(5) Drain off excess oil and serve. Honey is a good accompaniment, as is syrup, lemon juice and sugar, etc.